Monday, August 30, 2010

Outboard idle problem solved..

The problem with my outboard and its idle is all my fault. Being the cheap ass that I am I buy the cheapest, lowest grade fuel the add the oil additive. Well, I found out the ethanol in the fuel and the two stroke oil don't like each other.

Solution: Used the highest grade of fuel, it will have the lower percentage of ethanol. My problem is that I have a full tank of fuel and don't want to waste it, remember I'm a cheap ass.

Solution: When you're done using the motor, don't shut it off right away, disconnect the fuel line from the engine or the fuel tank and starve the engine into submission! This cleans out the carb from any unhealthy build up. Hope this helps.....Allan

3 comments:

EllieS said...

Hmm did we remember to do that last night ?? We meaning you babe!!

Allan S said...

Nope, I remember you telling me to kill the engine thogh....hmmm.

EllieS said...

Oww maybe I am a little bossy ..and I had no clue that the engine had to stay on till the plug was pulled...sorry honey!!!!!