Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Sailors Introduction

Hello, here is my third attempt at this blog. I just want to document our progress in the world of sailing from rank amature on an old smelly boat to semi-competent world travellers. This journey should take about 7 1/2 years. Then I will be 55 and retired.
A bit of background. I am retired from the Canadian Navy as a Marine Engineer. In civy street I became a Stationary Engineer and an Industrial Millwright. I have very little to next to none experience in the following categories:

1: Fiberglass work and repair
2: Woodworking and cabinet making
3: Painting (other than rooms in a house)
4: Electrical work
5: Small engine repair (The Deck Hands in the Navy handled all outboards)

The majority of the work required on our boat can be found in the above list. Go figure.
If you'll look closely at this picture you'll notice our step ladder aft on the starboard side. Well, someone liked it a lot more than I did! They took it! Along with my security chain and padlock. Yes the keys too. Yup, genius here left them in the lock. Hey, I asked for it, didn't I? Well that's it for now, I have to see if I can post this. I hope so...Later.......Allan






1 comment:

kathryn said...

you need some deck hands!! how about Hailey!? LOL! as if! I think its fabulous that you're out on the waves again! You can take the man outta the Navy, but you can't take the Navy outta the man? yes? p.s. do you have a poop deck? i've always found that term hilarious.