Monday, May 24, 2010

First sail!!!

Finally got the canvas up for a lovely three hour sail. The wife packed a picnic basket of sandwiches, fruit, wine and rum. Note to rum drinkers out there. I now drink "Sailor Jerry" rum, an amber rum that goes down like honey.

A friend at the marina introduced us and we are now the best of buddies:) It is so smooth that mix is not even needed, which is good for a diabetic such as myself.

Oh yeah, the sail....nice breeze at about 10 to 12 knots from the East, more or less. It was kind of tough sailing as I snapped off our wind indicator plus its mounting bracket when raising the mast. We tied ribbons to the shroud stays but I find myself constantly looking at the top of the mast for the non-existent indicator.

Hope to get out today but it seems unlikely as the wife threw her back out lifting a window mounted A/C. Foolish woman, grunt work is MY forte!

No comments: