Sunday, January 16, 2011

Toronto Boat Show 2011 purchases
















Here are my purchases in no particular order: A vest with lots of pocket, it also has two waterproof pockets. Nerdy but handy I think.
A wind indicator. I dropped mine over the side when we took the mast down for winter storage and I took it off for safety.....it sure is safe at the bottom of the harbour.
Marine Diesel Maintenance book, not a boat show purchase, just my text book from my night school course.
My daughter bought me the Cost Conscious cruiser by the Pardays.
Chapmans Piloting & Seamanship, every boaters bible, or should be. Regularly $70, but the West Marine booth was selling them for $30.
The boat show itself was kind of disappointing, there was only a dozen or so sailboats with huge line ups to get on them. I don't do crowds or line ups well. I am not sure if I will go to the next one. I much prefer the In the Water Boat Show they hold in the spring.

No comments: