Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First sail of 2009



At last, we had our first sail of the 2009 season. The temperature was about 20 degrees and the wind was approx. 15 to 20 knots from the east. Glorious. We went wing on wing on the way back. I find wing on wing hard to maintain without a spinaker pole to keep the genoa out proper. Whe we went back in I was nervous about entering our slip. I have issues with the motor, it seems to quit on me when I need it the most. Fortunately, my good friend, Graham, who is a mechanic and a boat fanatic likes to tinker with it so I had no issues with it today. There were two opinions on my docking procedure. My opinion was that it went flawlessly. My wife's opinion was that the 4' of open water she had to leap across to the slip with a mooring line told her that I need more practice. At least there wasn't any crunching of any hulls on wooden slips, so it was perfect. Case closed.
We secured the boat alongside, then Ellie crawled into the vee birth and had a nap. I myself laid on the cockpit cushion and promptly fell asleep myself. Mmmmm, boat naps are the best.



2 comments:

kathryn said...

its like you're speaking another language. . glad you're having fun!

Ellie said...

Bad picture of me !!!!! Delete it now please darling!!!!